Friday, January 22, 2010

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas Eve was just like it is every year...except that there were two more of us this year! We went to Santa Claus' house so the kids could each pick out an ornament. We waited an hour for the boys to talk to Santa, but it was definitely worth it. All five boys LOVED talking to him and Conner and Kooper didn't cry until after we picked them up from Santa's lap.




We then went home and the kids got to open up one present...new Christmas jammies. The boys were VERY patient in waiting to open them. We decided this year to just have them all open them at the same time instead of individually. I love the pics of Conner and Kooper.


It looks like Kooper is asking Hunter if he is doing this right!


Kooper is digging this unwrapping thing

Conner thinks it's pretty cool too


Conner just looking cute



This is the finished product. All five boys in their jammies and as you can see it was hard to get a pic of them sitting still.






After everyone got their jammies on we all grabbed our blankets, a candy cane and some hot chocolate and got loaded in the Yukon. We first made a stop at my parents' house so that they could see everyone in their jammies. Then it was off to check out some Christmas lights around town. Once that was done it was time to set out cookies, nog egg (that's what the kids call egg nog) and carrots for Santa and his reindeer. After that it was off to bed to wait for Santa to arrive.

7 comments:

T.A.T.I Crew said...

Dawn, you have such cute little boys!

What a fantastic family.

Dahlia said...

I love the full couch :) I think that being away from AK makes me think time will stand still, but no, the boys just keep getting bigger and more handsome. You're doing an amazing job Dawn and Rikk!

Unknown said...

k- u have the cutest boys!!

Emily said...

Hi Dawn, Yes I do remember you and of course Derek does...we even went to your wedding reception not to long after our own and in the same venue and room no less? Did you know they've turned the Nauvoo room into a cafe? Kind of sad, but the food's good! Anyhow I can't believe you have five kids and twins no less! They are all adorable, such a cute family you make!

Anonymous said...

This is why Papa and I laugh until we cry and snort when we are with these monkeys- or I cry and snort. What fun!
Love BIG Much!! Nana

Dana said...

Once again, I have been meaning to send you a message for sooo long. Thank you for always putting such sweet messages on my blog. Awhile back I was telling Dan how bad I want to hold your babies. They are so beyond cute and it makes me so sad that we don't get to squeeze them. You have a great little fam of boys. Tell them all hello from me and bubba and tell them we miss and love them lots. Looks like you are doing great and having lots of family fun. I don't know how you do it, but it looks like you are doing well with all 5 little guys. Love you lots!

momhirt said...

what a great little pile of masculinity!