Tuesday, October 14, 2008

this isn't something new

Am I the only mom who goes through the following scenario at night...While I am tucking one kid in bed, one is running down the stairs. While I get that child into bed, another one takes off running...and on and on for about 30-60 minutes. My kids have their own little "tag team" going at night! And I don't get it. It's not like going to bed is something new, WE DO IT EVERY NIGHT!!! We have the same routine every night...snack, teeth, book, potty, water and prayer. Some nights I can laugh about this and some nights I want to scream! I did notice this didn't start until Rikk left for Anchorage, so I am hoping that it will stop when he gets back. But this is always the end result, which I love.





2 comments:

Dahlia said...

I'm so sorry they do that to you...especially since you now have stairs to run up and down. That's how it is after bath time...I've got two naked girls running around and one could potentially pee or poo on something (it's happened way too many times already) if I don't catch her quick enough.

Maddie sure misses the boys too - tell them "Happy Halloween" for her :)

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

When Dad's away the boys will play. I can't begin to tell you how many bad habits the boys have picked up since Jonathan left. They don't leave their room at night but they do jump from one bed to the other. Some nights I want to tie them down to their own beds.