Thursday, October 23, 2008

MY BAD!

Last night for dinner I decided that we would have breakfast. The kids LOVE to have breakfast for dinner, so we had scrambled eggs, bacon and toast. I had the eggs all cooked, put the bacon in the microwave (yes, I was to lazy to cook bacon the REAL way) and start to butter the toast. All of a sudden I hear some yelling coming from Hunter...

Hunter: MOM! FIRE! IT'S ON FIRE!

(I hurry and turn around to see the plate of bacon on fire in the microwave.)

Mom: Ah crap! Thanks Hunter for seeing that.

I didn't notice it when I put the bacon in the microwave, but I put it on a paper plate with "glittery" stuff on it and it just lit up in flames. Thanks goodness Hunter saw it and yelled. It was only in there for about 15 seconds, but the plate was ashes.

I then call my mom and we have a good little laugh. While we are talking I decided to make a couple "runny" eggs for myself (that's what we called them growing up) and all of a sudden Walker yells out.

Walker: MOM, THERE'S A FIRE!!!

Mom: (Laughing) Walkie, hush up, there is no fire!

Meanwhile, my mom is laughing hysterically at what he said and so is Walker...he thought he was sooooo funny!

***So remember, don't put anything "glittery" in the microwave!***

3 comments:

Dahlia said...

Yikes!!! At least it was all contained within the microwave :) Were those valentine plates??? I sure miss my stash of plates, napkins, cups, birthday packs, etc. from you :)

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, Dawn...don't you remember when this happened at your house right before we left? We had the Abel's, us and you guys and a plate caught on fire and the 3 firefighters watched it burn...oh my goodness...this is great! Love ya!

The Mattesons said...

Yes, but in my defense, that time it wasn't me...it was Rikk! Burning plate, firefighters doing nothing, it was a good time had by all!