Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We are having...

...one boy and one boy...identical twin boys actually!!! That is right, I am the only girl in a house full of boys! It's okay if you want to cry for me, I did most the way home Monday from my doctor's appointment!! We took the boys with us to my appointment because they had never seen the babies except from a picture. It was beyond obvious they were boys. One boy had his legs spread apart as far as possible, he apparently wanted us to know and was proud of what he had! The other baby just did a little peek-a-boo action, hurried and showed us and then closed his legs for the rest of the ultrasound. Hunter said very excitedly, "I see a wiener!" Walker said, "I knew they were boys because one baby punched the other in the head and only boys fight!" What little clowns I have, they are just like their father!!!

Rikk admitted that he was a little sad that we aren't having a little girl (I will probably get in trouble for posting this but oh well!). He said he knows how bad I really wanted one and feels bad that I didn't get one. And the only reasons he was going around saying he didn't want a little girl is because he was afraid of changing girl diapers (understandable, quite a bit different than changing a boy's diaper) and he didn't want to have to go through the whole "dating" thing with a girl. AAAHHH!!! He would have been a good daddy to a little girl, totally wrapped around her little fingers!

So yes, I am a little saddened about not having a girl or two, but I am happy that I got more boys for my boys to play with and for Rikk to go hunting with. We had a doctor's appointment in Anchorage yesterday and I will post a little later with how that went.

2 comments:

Katie said...

ha! Its a wiener! Thats so funny.

Well, they'll be cute. We know that. =) and you can still use hand-me downs! Who am I kidding...I'll go cry a little bit for you right now. Girls are way fun........but so are the boys.

Latitude 49 Lutomskis said...

Oh Dawn, so sorry to hear about no girls. However, when you are able to send all five out hunting - think of the girlfriend time you will get then! That is what I am waiting for.