Sunday, January 18, 2009

Seattle Space Needle here we come!

Now don't start freaking out, nothing in my condition has changed that we know of. I got ahold of the head OB/GYN at Bassett Army Hospital, Dr. McWilliams, because we had been home for three days and I hadn't heard from my doctor. He had no idea what was going on with me and just kept apologizing over and over when I told him what we found out. He said that he didn't want me in the state of Alaska, that he wanted me in Seattle ASAP. He said he had to call over to Madigan Army Hospital and that he would call me back. He did and told me that Madigan was where I was going and that they actually referred their last patient in my condition down to UCSF (San Francisco) and that that would more than likely happen to me. He said he had to make another phone call and would call me back. He did and told me that I would be more than likely out on a flight on Monday, no later than Tuesday. He said that I would be getting some phone calls on Saturday to finalize things.

We got our phone calls late yesterday morning and we were told that Rikk and I would be on a plane Monday for Seattle. TRICARE (our med insurance) won't pay for the kiddos to go. My parents are going to watch the kids with a backup person in place for any reason. I am so thankful that I have my parents here. Rikk will get me situated wherever the final place is and then come back home and try to figure out what we will do from that point with him and the kids. I tell you what, I can't go weeks, let alone months without seeing Rikk and my kids.

But I have an appointment first thing on Tuesday and we were told that we should know right after that if we are staying in Madigan or on our way to San Francisco. So even though I keep crying at the drop of a hat, I know that this is best for the babies and that is what I need to be focusing on and just need to remember that even though I am not here to take care of my kids, they are being taken care of and in really good hands.

8 comments:

Amber and Jarrod Allison said...

Hi Dawn! I don't know if you remember me (I am friends of Averi Benson, Diana Hubbard's daughter). I ran across your blog and have been following it. I am also pregnant and I feel for your pain and stress right now. You are in my thoughts and prayers :)

Amber Allison (Gallagher)

Katie said...

Oh My Goodness Dawn. Stay strong, you're in our prayers.

bloomers said...

Wishing you and the babies the best Dawn. You are in my thoughts. Hang tough. Kristin

Dahlia said...

The title of your post freaked me out, but I'm glad to know you're going to Seattle for precautionary reasons right now. You're all in our prayers and I'm so glad your parents are there for you too. love you.

Matt and Amanda Coleman said...

Dawn, I'm so sorry to hear everything that's going on with this pregnancy. We were stationed at McChord AFB, (which is right next to Ft. Lewis, which is where Madigan is) just before we came to Eielson. So, I can get you in contact with a few great LDS families in the area if it will help your stay there in any way. Good luck with everything. I will keep you in my prayers.

Amy said...

Dawn, I don't know if you remember me... We were in Eielson Ward for a short time before we moved to North Pole Ward. I've been watching your blog and want you to know that you are in our prayers!

I'm glad you're in good hands.

Kacey Bode said...

I'll keep praying for you! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you, Spokane isn't too far away!

Jerry and Maaret said...

good luck! :)