Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"The Shining" was filmed here....

Rikk and I made it to San Francisco and checked into a place called Hotel Majestic. It looks like something straight out of "The Shining" and possibly more creepy!!! These pictures are from the movie and I swear it's our hotel.





The bartender looks just as creepy as this guy, I am sure there are twins running around, and our door looks like this but white. Rikk says we are sleeping with the lights on...I am all for it. We are checking out tomorrow and finding a different place. We even googled it after we got here and there was a link to click on about a ghost haunting the hotel...Rikk says we have to wait until after we check out to read it...once again, I agree!!! Oh and the only thing we have to protect ourselves with is a wooden umbrella. I WANT MY MOMMY!!!

Our room looks like the one in the top picture but with the bed from picture #2. These are actual pictures from the hotel website.

2 comments:

Dahlia said...

redrum, redrum...all work and no play makes Dahlia a dull girl...yikes - get the heck outta there! Please, please let me know if there's anything more than FERVENT prayer that I can do to help. We love and miss you!

Katie said...

Good luck Dawn and Rikk. You are in our prayers. I wish I was closer to San Fran I would come say hello.

Keep us posted.