Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A late Happy Father's Day

I realize that this is late, but I felt that I should post anyway. I wanted to post this on for my dad and Rikk, for they are they two dad's in my life.

My dad has been the best example of what a father and husband should be...not just when I was little, but still to this day. My dad has been there many times to help whenever needed, to give blessings to me and my kids when Rikk has been deployed and a daddy's blessing to me even though I am married with my own family. My dad has been a great example to Rikk (and every man I know) on being a worthy priesthood holder and for that I am thankful. When I was having my c-section with Kyler I told my dad that he could look if he wanted. His response was, "I am right here to take care of you, to make sure you are okay and to keep you company." How sweet was that?!! My dad always says to me when with my boys, "I'm glad I'm the Papa!" I am glad you are the Papa too! I couldn't have picked a better Papa for my boys and dad for myself. I hope that you know how grateful and thankful I am to have you as my dad and how much you mean to me. I LOVE YOU BIG MUCH!!!

Rikk is my best friend! He is such a wonderful daddy and husband. The boys want to be just like him when they grow up and why wouldn't they. Rikk can be rough and tough with the boys and he can be sweet and cuddly too. In fact, he says that he can't wait to come home and cuddle with them. I am so proud of Rikk and all his accomplishments with work. I am proud that he is a worthy priesthood holder and an example of that for our boys. Rikk, you have no idea how thankful I am to have you in my life, how proud I am to be your wife and how glad I am that you are the daddy of our boys. WE LOVE YOU BIG MUCH!!! Now hurry and get home, we are missing you like crazy!




No comments: