Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Only when Rikk's not home...

I was on the phone last night with my good friend Rachel and we were laughing so hard. We were sharing stories of our kids' potty training, potty/poo accidents, and kids just being sick in general and came to one conclusion...these things seem to happen only when our hubbies are not home. After I got off the phone with her I called my mom.

It was about 10:30pm and Walkie comes downstairs whining and whimpering a little. He curls up next to me, sits there for a couple mins and then stands up holding his tummy. I ask, "Does your tummy hurt? Do you have go #2? Are you going to throw up?" He whines and nods yes to "throw up". I tell him to hurry to the bathroom, tell my mom "gotta go"...but we don't make it.

He throws up all over the carpet right before it meets the kitchen, then walks forward and throws up all over the kitchen floor and continues to do so while I am scrambling for something for him to throw up in. It's on his jammies, his socks, my BARE feet (gross)...he is crying and I am trying to be comforting while dry heaving at the same time.

We get cleaned up and I get him settled in my bed and then go to clean up the "mess" that has been made. I am sure the lady next store appreciated the carpet shampooer running at 11:30pm...oh well, right?! We were up ALL night and then he also got a fever. The poor kid was fighting a nap but finally lost and is seeming to feel better.
I am totally jealous he is sleeping and I am not!

The above and below pictures are Kyler trying his best to convince me he is sick, so that he can have some Sprite soda too!

5 comments:

Jerry and Maaret said...

that's awful!!! Vomit really gets me.... and it soooo sucks when the hubby is gone!

Dahlia said...

Ohhhh....so sorry. You jinxed yourself by talking about it :) Sure hope he feels better soon! And that last picture of Kyler looks like Walker - I saw it before I read that it was Kyler. Cute kiddos - even when they're sick.

momhirt said...

the bare feet was the worst part! you're a good mom.

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

Yuck. I hope Walker is feeling better now. And I agree, those things always happen when dad is away!

Cheri said...

We recently went thru a whole weekend of Grace being sick. Not fun but it was kind of nice for her to be so cuddly since she is usually s nonstop ball of energy. That is hilarious about Kyler copying so he could have a Sprite! Sounds like something Grace would do.