Friday, February 27, 2009

Another weekly visit down

Yesterday Rikk and I were in Anchorage for our 4th weekly visit since we have been back. So far everything as just been going great. The doctors have just been really impressed and surprised at how well the surgery went and the twins are doing. Yesterday was a good appointment, just not great like the previous ones.

The good news: Phineaus (the boys named the small baby this) is doing great. He is right on track gestationally except for his size. He weighed in at 15oz which is a third smaller then he should be, but still going strong.

The little worrisome news: Ferb (the boys names the big baby this) is showing a little bit of stress. His Dopler measured at a 1.5 which is the start of "the doctor's a little worried, but not freaking out" stage. His blood flow is having a bit of a struggle. She asked if I had been more active this last week then previous weeks. Yes, I have sick kids. She told me that I am to have absolute BED REST and not to be anywhere near anyone who is sick. She is hoping that if I am good at the bed rest, lay on my left side and keep up on my fluids, Ferb should be fine next week. The reason she isn't freaking out is because everything else about him is measuring normal and his activity/movements hasn't lessened from previous ultrasounds. Ferb weighs 1lb5oz and good gestationally.

Dr. Richie (Anchorage doctor) said she will take us whenever Dr. McWilliams wants to send me. We got a phone call from Dr. McWilliams yesterday and he put in paperwork that day saying he wants us in Anchorage ASAP because the babies are now viable. He put in his request that Rikk be sent with me, that he is needed and that we should hear any day when we are to go. With Rikk going this means that all the boys can go. Rikk will more than likely just do the rest of kindergarten with Hunter at "home" which Hunter says he is happy about. After all, there are only two months left of school and it is just kindergarten...plus, Hunter's teacher said that if he went into 1st grade now he wouldn't have a problem.

Life now is hectic. Kyler got sick last night and thankfully Rikk was here to take care of it, although it was quite comical! There was TONS of dry heaving from Rikk, cleaning of throw up and diarrhea. And I really did feel bad that I couldn't help...mostly for Kyler's sake! Kyler seems to be doing well sick wise today, but he wants his mommy and I am locked in my bedroom so that I don't get sick. When he talks to me thru the door it is the saddest, most pitiful voice I have ever heard. He keeps telling Rikk "I just want my mommy." :( Rikk did put all my meds in a ziplock bag and taped a tissue over Kyler's mouth so that he could see me for a few seconds from afar. He makes me want to cry.We are hoping that Hunter will drop soon if he is going to drop at all. It would have been nice if they had ALL gotten it at once so we could be over it sooner, but such is life! We will keep you all updated on how we are doing. We love and miss you all and appreciate everything you all have done.

***The reason the boys picked the names Phineaus and Ferb is because there is a cartoon that they watch on Disney about two bothers named Phineaus and Ferb. Phineaus is the smaller brother and Ferb is the bigger brother.***

5 comments:

Amy said...

My boys LOVE Phinneas and Ferb. Josh can sing the entire theme song.

Dr. Richie delivered Jacob and Dr. Isada delivered Josh! We love the Anchorage perinatologists!

Hope all goes well the next couple weeks!

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

Phinneas and Ferb are GREAT names! Haha. I'm sorry you are on bed rest and your kids are sick. I hope they are better soon. I LOVED the monkey story. Boys, they are too funny.

Jerry and Maaret said...

love the nicknames! haha... good luck with anchorage! glad to hear the babies are viable now :)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs Dawn. Rikk is an awesome hubby! I LOVE the boy stories. Brody continues to crack me up all the time, I can't imagine if I had 3 and another 2 on the way. Girs just aren't as clever. Take care of yourself. We had 3 weeks of sicky around here because we can't seem to get it all at once. Safe travels.
Heidi

Dahlia said...

At first I wondered how the boys knew one of Julia Roberts' twins' names (Phinneas)...I figured you were reading your People magazine to them or something ;)
Sorry you're stuck in your room, what are you doing to keep sane? Give those boys our love and we can't wait to see everyone again this summer - hopefully we'll see you in North Pole and not Anchorage :) Love you bunches!!!