Friday, July 10, 2009

Baby Blessing Outfit

Rikk and I are having a little bit of a dilema about the boys' baby blessing outfit. You see, the three older boys were all blessed in the exact same outfit. We would love the twins to be blessed in that outfit as well. The problem is when it comes time to take pictures. We would want (as we always do) a family pic with BOTH babies in their blessing outfits and one of them together in their outfit...but that isn't possible if they are sharing the outfit....does that make sense? So here are a couple of possible solutions I have come up with and would appreciate your input and/or any solutions you might have.

1. Forget having pictures of them together in their outfits and just do pics in Sunday clothes
2. Buy the exact same blessing outfit
3. Buy two new outfits that match.

Let me know what you guys think.

7 comments:

Katie said...

And so you're going to make the whole congregation wait 5 minutes while you quickly pull the outfit off one and squeeze it onto the other? I'd buy a second outfit that is the same or similar.

Its a fun tradition, but its not necessary.

The Mattesons said...

I guess I should also mention that we will be blessing the babies at home. Sorry I forgot to add that.

Cindy said...

I would stick to tradition and bless them all in the same, and switch between blessings. Take separate pics with them each in the outfit and get something else for them for the family pic(church clothes?) For me as a twin...I liked when we got to be treated as sisters instead of twins. Does that make sense?

Katie said...

ha ha....yes then thats not as big a deal!

I like Cindy's idea and would go for the outfit on both of them and dress them in Sunday clothes for the family picture.

Have fun! What HUGE blessing they must be to your family. I love seeing their pictures

Unknown said...

I like Cindy's idea too. The girls were blessed in the same outfit too...so I guess they can fight over it. Brayton didn't have a blessing "outfit" but a special blanket (with a small, embroidered airplane on it) that I'll cut a portion of and he can use as a hankie or to frame when he gets older. Anyways, enough about us - stick to your tradition and have the boys wear the same outfit as the other boys and when it comes to a big family photo, have one wear the top and one wear the bottom (if it's a two piece outfit). Oh yes, and we'll be there this coming weekend, so we'd love to see you again!
love you,
Dahlia

Latitude 49 Lutomskis said...

Same outfit and use sunday clothes. I wish that Nolan had been able to be baptised in the same outfit that Paul and Caleb were, but he was too big! I would do what Cindy suggests and take a pic in between each blessing.

Amy said...

I agree with Cindy. Bless them in the same outfit. Follow your tradition.

I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I always find myself thinking about you and wondering how everything is going. Hope it's great!