Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Almost but not quite...thankfully!!!

Things here have been exciting over the last few days. I started having contractions Saturday night and had to go to the hospital. Rikk called our Bishop here and he came and helped Rikk give me a blessing. With a couple shots, a pill and a blessing my contractions stopped after about 5 hours. The babies this week have had their ups and downs in the sense that one behaves while the other one doesn't and then they switch they next day. One poor nurse had to spend my whole monitoring session one day holding the heartbeat monitors on my belly because the twins wouldn't stay in one place!

I had a check up today with my doctor and they babies look good. She thinks the twins just wanted some attention because she was gone for a week! But come to find out I am dilated to a 1, but my cervix is still long...she had to actually "check" me to find out because with the ultrasound my cervix was measuring short. She is fine with me still being at home as long as I stick to the bed rest which is great news. She thinks I will at least be able to last a couple more weeks...I just hit week 30. Mel, I am really hoping I make it longer than you do!!!

This last weekend Rikk took the boys to Bouncin' Bears again. Hunter got invited to a birthday party for a kid in his school class. They all had a great time and come home as sweaty as could be! Rikk was the hit of the party and I guess the only parent that would play with the kids. He came home the most tired I think!

He has also taken the boys to a shooting range so that they can shoot their bow. THEY LOVE IT!!! I guess Hunter is (as Rikk says) AMAZING and Walker is starting to get into it a little. Kyler is too little to shoot the bow, but has the perfect form according to Rikk. Oh, one night after the kids went to bed Rikk went shooting with his friend Drew and pulled a "Robin Hood". You know, where you shoot one arrow in the target, then shoot another arrow and it splits the first arrow in half. He came home pretty excited about that, which is cool! The boys are just as excited about that as Rikk is. Rikk has it displayed in the living room above a picture frame!

Kyler we think is finally over the double ear infections, but now he and Walker have colds. Knock on wood and cross your fingers nobody else gets it, especially Rikk or I. Hunter has been enjoying school and this week has to take something in a brown lunch bag in from around the house that starts with a W. I think he should take Walker, but Walker doesn't fit in the bag. We'll see how that goes. Last time it was an X and we had to go out and buy an X-Men action figure...I guess about 4 other kids in the class brought in one too. Who has things lying around their house that start with an X???

We have been tossing a few names around, but nothing definite yet. We kinda like Conner and Cooper. Rikk has already come up with "Cooper the Pooper" for a nickname! We haven't even thought of any middle names yet. More than likely the twins will be called for a while Phineas and Ferb, Big Baby and Little Baby, Baby A and Baby B or Donor and Recipient. Not really liking any of those, so once again I am asking for suggestions...even some for middle names.

But that is it for here. I have tried uploading pictures, but it won't let me do it from here. I guess I will just have to try at the hospital one day and see how that works. The internet is still hit or miss here, but we will try to keep everyone updated as much as we can. Thanks for everything you all have done for us.

3 comments:

momhirt said...

you are doing so well and adapting and overcoming! stay in there, babies, stay in there!

Dahlia said...

So glad the contractions stopped! Can you please wait until we get there in May?! :)

Congrats to Rikk on his Robin Hood moment - I'll have to tell Jeremy!

Also, I think you should just get a big paper bag, or stick two big ones together to bring Walker to school. I'm sure no one will have a double this time.

I'm liking the names too. Do you have family names that could be the middle names? How about brothers' names like Joseph and Hyrum? Or something like that?

Can't wait to see you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

You are such an amazing mommy. Try to be stress free and take care of yourself. The babies are 30 weeks today. YEA!!! Love you all BIG MUCH!
Mom and Dad