Thursday, November 13, 2008

Doctor's Letter

I had my first appointment out at Bassett yesterday with the high risk doctor, Dr. McWilliams...it was basically just a meet and great and to discuss us getting a letter from him to extend our stay here at Eielson until after we have the baby. At first he didn't seem to into it, but when we explained that we have family here, that we already know that doctors and nurses at Anchorage if something were to happen, etc...he got on board. He wrote us a letter for Rikk's packet to hand into the Commander, so we should be able to stay! The Commander already told Rikk he just needs to get a letter from the doctor and he'll push it through. We have to wait for the "official" okay to stay, but things are looking up and getting this letter is just one less stress for me.

Oh, and I am 8 weeks today! I have gotten two different due dates, three different times, so Dr. McWilliams says to wait until my first actual appointment on the 24th and whatever due date I get then will be my due date for sure. I have gotten June 25th twice and June 19th once. So more than likely, but hopefully not, this little person could come sometime in May or April. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I know we need to get on here and post Halloween pics and other stuff, but I have had such horrible morning (ALL DAY) sickness that I have let the house go a bit, need to get caught up on the laundry (it's clean, just not folded and put away), I wait to do dinner dishes until the morning, all that fun stuff. Rikk has been nice by picking up on my slack (except the laundry, he couldn't fold laundry to save his life!) and that has been such a great help.

The boys have been really helpful too. The other morning when it was time to get up and get going, Hunter knew I wasn't feeling well and went and got a yogurt for me to eat! When I am throwing up, Kyler is usually trying to shove me out of the way because, "I want to see!" he says! And the other day I had just made Walker and Kyler some Mac & Cheese and had to hurry to the bathroom to throw up. A couple minutes later Walker comes in holding a bowl with some Mac & Cheese in it that he dished up all by himself for me to help me feel better. Made me throw up more, but it was such a sweet thing for him to do. All my boys (that includes Rikk) are all so sweet and loving, especially since they know I am not feeling well.

5 comments:

Dahlia said...

Aw, I sure wish I was there to help out! Sorry you're feeling so crummy :( That's great to hear that the boys are sensitive to your needs though! And best of luck with getting to stay through the winter!! We really miss you!!!

The Mattesons said...

Thanks Dahlia and we miss you guys TONS! I got a new medication today for nausea that is used for patients undergoing chemo and it is WONDERFUL!!! I have only taken one pill so far, but it immediately made me feel soooooo much better. They suggested that I take it before I even get out of bed, which sounds like a good idea to me.

Unknown said...

Hey, I hope that works out for you! It really stinks to move in December! We would love to have you stay as long as possibale.

Dana said...

I also hope you get feeling better. I can't imagine doing the nausea thing with three active boys too!!Crazy! YOu are a good woman. I also see a little Walker in him. Maybe the big eyes, maybe just the cute face, I'm not sure. Anway, hope you guys are doing well and so glad you are feeling a little better with your meds. Tell the boys hello from Bubba and Mason too. Love ya

Unknown said...

Here is our blogg address...

http://jennygarry.blogspot.com/