Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Root Canal

I think that back in April I posted about having to go to the dentist and get a crown done. Long story short...I had a filling done when in Mountain Home and had to have it fixed three times before we left. It never felt right and I have just kinda dealt with it until it just fell out this last April. In April I had to get a new filling AND a crown done. Well ever since I got the crown done, things just haven't been right with the tooth. I have put up with the sensitivity thinking that I am just being a bit of a wussy, but on Monday I had finally had enough. They had me come and and told me that I would need a root canal. They scheduled it for today.

My mom, being the absolute wonderful mom and nana that she is, came out and watched Walker and Kyler this morning so that I could get it done. It was supposed to take an hour and a half and ended up taking three and a half hours! I can already tell a difference in the sensitivity of the tooth which is amazing! I dropped off my scripts to get filled and got told it would take an hour. My mom was kind enough to stay and hang out even longer so that I could go and get my scripts without having the kiddos tag along. Oh and did I mention that she has laryngitis and couldn't talk but in the smallest of small whispers?! She is awesome and the kids were awesome for her.

My tooth, mouth, jar and neck hurt from being in the same position for three and a half hours, but I am hoping that in the next few days I will know for sure that it was worth it. Thanks again mom for taking care of the kiddos...WE LOVE YOU BIG MUCH!

No comments: