Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Moving, school...you name it!

I would love to put some pictures up on this, except I cannot find the cord to download the pictures. We have lots that we would love to share, so hopefully when I talk to Rikk today he will know where it is or else I will continue to still look...it's just having to go through SOO many boxes to find it that I am not looking forward to.

It is official, we are mortgage free!!! We closed on our house on the 9th and it was really a bitter sweet day. Rikk and I are both sad about selling the house, but such is the life of the military. Kyler asks repeatedly if he can "go home now" and it just breaks my heart. Hunter doesn't like to talk about the house because it makes him cry and he tries to fight back the tears. Walker missing playing outside there and cries for that. Hopefully they won't for much longer.

We have been in the new house for two weeks and it is nice. The kids are LOVING the stairs...Walker literally can fly down them. His favorite thing to do which we had to put a stop to is doing a somersault from the top. That kid is fearless. So far he has ridden the kiddie gate, extra shower curtain rod, pillows, blankets, you name it down the stairs and loves it. Kyler and Hunter are into them to, but not like Walker. My fear is that because Kyler is so top heavy he will tumble from the top all the way down. So far it's only been about mid flight!

Rikk left Sunday for Anchorage to go to the NCO Academy for the next 6 weeks. He got a new ribbon rack made and it looks amazing on his blues uniform. I am so proud of him and all of his accomplishments in his work. The boys and I are missing him already, but we will go and see him one weekend. We are going to go to Chuck E. Cheese for Hunter's birthday (and have a little party when Rikk gets back), hit the water park and the bounce place. Rikk didn't have any kind of moose hunting season here. With us moving, Hunter starting school and a few other things, he was unable to really get out there and hunt. I feel so bad for him, all he has EVER wanted was to kill an animal in Alaska. I guess we will just have to come and visit.

Rikk and I celebrated our 7th anniversary Sunday. We went out on Friday and had to laugh at what a horrible, but fun night we had. We spent an hour and a half trying to find a place to eat. We tried the Pump House, Pikes, Chena's Resort and finally ended up at The Cookie Jar...we had our very first date there. The food that night was AWFUL. The only good thing about it was we got a free cinnamon roll. We then went to the movies and watched the movie Babylon with Vin Diesel. Oh my gosh...what a weird movie and pointless. We both left going, "What the crap?"

Hunter loves school. He had to miss two days last week because he was sick and wasn't too happy about that. He has come to realize that he does need to go to bed on time or he will be really tired in the morning. We usually have to wake him up. Walker his been my little helper and loves it. He loves to write letters and color them. His personality just amazes me everyday. He is just such a sweet little boy. Kyler has been going around singing his ABC's and it is so cute. You can understand every letter. He also is starting to become more of a help. And Walker and Kyler are becoming such "best buddies" since they have a few hours alone everyday.

We still aren't pregnant yet, and yes I am bummed, but that's okay. I know that Heavenly Father knows what he is doing and that this isn't up to Rikk and I. We were blessed with getting our house sold so quickly, so I see it as one blessing at a time. Plus, maybe we are really supposed to just go to New Mexico in December instead of after a baby is born. It's in Heavenly Father's hands and I am just grateful for the three beautiful children that I have been blessed with already. We are still keeping it in our prayers and know that if and when it is supposed to happen it will.

2 comments:

Dahlia O'Neil said...

I was wondering what happened to your blog! So good to hear that everyone is doing well...sorry Rikk didn't get a moose :( And it sure sounds like the boys are growing up - Kyler singing his ABCs! That's awesome! So are you renting now? In North Pole still???
We sure miss you guys - give the kiddos big hugs and I do hope everyone is safe on the stairs :) love ya!

The Mattesons said...

We are still in North Pole, on Blessing Ave off of Nelson. We are renting a two story duplex and it's not so bad. The family on the other side moved out yesterday, so the boys are happy that they can be loud now...not that they were REALLY quiet before, but it was hard on them to remember to be.
We miss you guys and you look so good!! I can't believe your due date is 8 weeks away! Love the girls for us and watch out for the spider...sorry, I couldn't resist that last remark!

Love ya!