Friday, May 30, 2008

Thank you KIAK FM!

Rikk did something unbelievably thoughtful for our three boys. He sent an email to the local country radio station here and asked them to do him a favor. Here is what he wrote:


Pete, The Cruiser and Kathryn

I first want to start by telling you how much I enjoy your show, I listen to it every morning while at work. I am an Air Force member stationed at Eielson for the last 7 years. I am currently deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi freedom. My men and I have been gone since early January and we are getting close to coming home. I have three boys at home with Mom and all of them love music, especially Country! My 5 year old Hunter, 3 year old Walker, 2 year old Kyler and I have "our" special song by Rodney Akins, Watching You. This song fits my boys and I to the letter. I would love to surprise them with a little message telling them how much I love and miss them and that song on the radio. If you would be able to do this it would mean the world to them and to me. Please respond if you are able to do this with the date and time so I can make sure that my wife has them listening. All of the boys are up by 0900 so anytime after that would be great, thanks again.


And this was there response:


Hi Rikk...
First, thanks for all you do and the sacrifices you have made. We would love to play the song for the boys and make it a special moment for them. We can do it on Monday morning, May 11, between 9:00 and9:30...probably closer to 9:00. Please send me a confirmation that you've received this email before Monday morning so I know you've received this and we can play your request (or you can have your wife email too) I'd hate to do it and have them miss it.

Thanks again,
Kathryn


And sure enough, Monday morning at about 9:15 they read most his email over the radio, mentioned the boys by name and told them that their daddy loved and missed them. Hunter was soo absolutely thrilled that he was bawling and laughing hysterically at the same time!!! He did it for about an hour and then the rest of the day he couldn't wipe the smile off his face. Hunter called them up right after the song and said thank you. But not only was the radio station nice enough to play this request and read Rikk's email, but they also gave me a CD copy of the segment. We listen to it over and over and over and the boys smile, laugh and sing along. If I knew how to put songs on this I would put the song on here, it would totally make you want to cry and see that it does fit our boys and Rikk perfectly. Thank you Rikk and KIAK for making a great memory for the boys.

This is the picture Hunter drew the radio station to say thank you. I love how Kyler's has a HUGE head and everyone has one eye bigger than the other! It's too cute!!!

1 comment:

annie said...

That is AWESOME!! I stopped by to stalk really quick and had to read the whole thang! I'm so glad they did that for your boys. What a treasure. (Annie *Hirt* Enderle)