Saturday, December 11, 2010

Prayer



Hunter had a birthday party to go to today. Birthday parties in the past have gone as follows...We accept invite. We buy present for birthday child. We drop Hunter off at party (EVERY party has been on a day Rikk is working, so I can't stay). Two minutes after I leave Hunter calls and wants to go home. He gets nervous, his tummy starts to hurt and he is in tears. I really feel bad for him. He looks forward to the party all week and then always ends up leaving.

So last night we talked about how going to this party was going to be soooo much fun. It's a party for a little boy from church who Hunter also goes to scouts with. The family is great! Hunter started to get a little nervous just talking about me not being there. We went over how he goes to school, primary, scouts and that Dad and I aren't there with him. He was still nervous.

When Hunter woke up this morning he was a VERY happy kiddo! He got in the shower, got all ready for the party, helped wrapped the present, made a birthday card...it was a good morning. We got loaded in the car and I could tell he was getting a little nervous. I stopped in the driveway and told him to remind me when we got to the birthday boys' house to have prayer so that he would feel okay. Hunter replied with, "I asked Heavenly Father to help me not be nervous and to feel safe in my prayers last night and this morning." I can't tell you how BIG the smile on my face was and how warm my heart felt. I told him how proud I was of him and that Dad and I had also asked Heavenly Father in our prayers to do the same thing.

I love Hunter. He is our child that helps to remind us about prayers, scripture study, family home evening, etc. I am so proud of him and the example he is setting not just for his little brothers, but for Rikk and I also. I really hope he stays like this!

No comments: