Friday, October 2, 2009

Kyler's Snack Time

We have been having a little bit of a problem with Kyler lately...HE EATS EVERYTHING!!! What I mean is, he has been eating things lately that aren't food and thinks it's funny. Below are just a few things we have found him "snacking" on.









Just the other day I came downstairs and he ran and hid. I went over to him to see what he had (hiding is the tell tell sign for having something he shouldn't) and this is the conversation we had.
Me: Kyler, what are you eating?
Kyler: Nothing.
Me: Kyler, what are you eating, spit it out and show me.
Kyler: NOTHING!
Me: Kyler, what are you eating?
(he shows me a paper towel)
Kyler: A paper towel...I ate two!!!
(I admit, I did laugh a little!)
He really didn't eat two (at least not that I think!) but seriously, we have gone through this all day every day for the last 2-3 weeks. We aren't sure what he is lacking in his diet to have to do this, but it is just crazy!!! We used to find him hiding in the pantry eating food...now it's in a corner, on the stairs or somewhere outside eating everything BUT food!!!

3 comments:

Dahlia said...

Hmmm...maybe he needs some fiber :) Ha! Sorry, I know who to talk to if my kids ever start eating non-foods. Does sucking on non-foods indicate a potential problem??? All three of mine (yes, even Maddie) do that!

The Mattesons said...

Tonight I caught him trying to eat an empty egg shell...seriously, I just don't get it!

Katie said...

How funny. Make an FHE about it.... What can you eat? How do they feel in your mouth? What a silly kiddo. I'm sure he loves the attention too cuz uh...I know it would make me laugh and what kid doesn't want to make mom laugh? lol

Have fun with that.